Prime Day is back for 2020
We’re excited to announce that Prime Day is back in time for seasonal and early Christmas gift shopping. This year’s event will take place between the 13th and 14th of October featuring incredible savings and deep discounts on more than one million deals across every category.
This year, supporting small businesses is more important than ever, and we are designing Prime Day to support them with our biggest small business promotion ever. This has been a challenging year for many small businesses, but selling in Amazon’s stores has enabled hundreds of thousands of smaller companies around the world to sustain and even grow their businesses throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Amazon is increasing its commitment to small business by designing Prime Day to support them.
This Prime Day, and throughout the festive season, Amazon will spend more than £75 million on promotional activities to help small businesses around the world increase their sales and reach new customers.
Prime Day kicks off at amazon.co.uk/primeday at midnight PT on Tuesday, 13th October, and runs through Wednesday, 14th October.
Keep reading for tips to get the most out of your Prime Day shopping this year.
Selling in Amazon’s stores has enabled hundreds of thousands of smaller companies to sustain and even grow their sales despite the COVID-19 crisis. Selling in our store helps small businesses reach hundreds of millions of customers and grow their businesses, while helping us provide customers with even greater selection and convenience.
Tens of thousands of UK-based small and medium-sized businesses sell their products in Amazon’s stores across the world and Amazon provides practical support and services to help them grow. More than 60% of UK businesses selling on Amazon export to customers all over the world. In 2019 they achieved total export sales of more than £2.75bn and supported more than 85,000 job opportunities in the UK.
This year also saw the launch of the Amazon Small Business Accelerator with Enterprise Nation, the small business support network, to help 200,000 small businesses and start-ups across the UK respond to the impact of the pandemic and lockdown with new online learning, intensive week-long boot camps, and access to free services, credits, training and support.
As a small business owner Prime Day is an extraordinary opportunity to reach many new customers, encouraging them to try our handmade confectionery for the first time. We simply don't have enough space and people to pack all the boxes to fulfil the increased level of customer demand, so for peak moments like Amazon Prime Day, Christmas or Mother’s Day, Fulfilment by Amazon is pivotal and enables us to scale.
Here are some of the ways we’re helping customers support small business owners on Amazon this Prime Day
- Curated collections: Visit Support Small to find curated lists of small businesses to support leading up to and during Prime Day.
- Spend £10, Get £10: Starting today through to 12th October, Amazon will offer a £10 credit to use on Prime Day to Prime members who spend £10 on items sold by select UK small businesses in Amazon’s store. This promotion is fully funded by Amazon to connect customers with local innovators, artisans and entrepreneurs selling in its stores.
- Prime Day Deals: Once Prime Day begins, members can use their £10 credit to purchase almost any product in Amazon’s store, including from small businesses. More than half of the items sold in Amazon’s store in the UK are from third-party sellers – mostly small and medium-sized businesses. This year, Prime members around the globe can shop hundreds of thousands of Prime Day deals from these entrepreneurs.
Starting today, Prime members can shop early exclusive offers and deals every day leading up to Prime Day.
- Amazon Devices – Offering a simple, reliable WiFi system for streaming, gaming, and working from home.
- Smart Home Security – Also live from 28th September are deals on smart home security.
- Amazon Music - For just £0.99, Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium streaming tier with unlimited access to more than 60 million songs ad-free, and now a wide selection of popular podcasts.
- Prime Video – Prime members can get up to 50% off great movies and TV shows to rent or buy through Prime Video from 28th September to 14th October (inclusive), including Yesterday, John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum and Downton Abbey. A selection of great movies are also available to rent from 2nd October to 8th October (inclusive) from as little as £1.99 including Dolittle, The Invisible Man, and Arkansas.
- Audible – Prime members can enjoy three months of Audible for free if they subscribe between the 27th September and 28th October 2020. New Audible members only, deal terms and conditions apply.
- Kindle Unlimited – Prime members can enjoy three months of Kindle Unlimited for no additional charge if they subscribe between the 1st and 14th of October 2020. New Kindle Unlimited members only, deal terms and conditions apply.
- Kindle Book Deals – Prime members who spend £15 on Kindle Books between 1st and 12th October 2020 will be entitled to a £5 Kindle Book credit to spend on any eligible Kindle Book within 30 days.
- Amazon First Reads - During October, Prime members can choose two Kindle Books available on Amazon First Reads for no additional charge.
- Amazon Fashion – Save up to 30% off select styles from Amazon Fashion brands, including Aurique, Iris & Lilly, find. and Truth & Fable.
- Amazon Brands – Save up to 20% off on select styles from Amazon brands, including home and electronic products from AmazonBasics, baby essentials from Mama Bear, health and personal care products from Solimo and snacks from Happy Belly.
To find more early deals and all current selling prices, visit the Prime Day website.
Try asking Alexa to sign you up
“Alexa, sign me up for Prime” If you’re not already a Prime member, you can earn £5 to spend on Prime Day by signing up for a membership through Alexa. Just say, “Alexa, sign me up for Prime,” to get started.
- Check out the app: Prime members can shop anytime, anywhere with the Amazon App to ensure you never miss a Prime Day deal.
- AmazonSmile: Customers can generate donations with their Prime Day shopping, at no extra cost to them, by visiting smile.amazon.co.uk. They will find the exact same Amazon experience – amazing deals, wide selection and fast and free delivery options – with the added bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price of eligible purchases to the charity of their choice. AmazonSmile customers can shop AmazonSmile on the latest version of the Amazon app by opening the app and finding ‘Settings’ in the main menu (☰), tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on their phone.
- Treasure Truck: With Treasure Truck, customers can discover hand-selected product offers at amazing prices. They can opt-in by texting ‘TRUCK’ to 65018 and will receive SMS notifications whenever there’s something new to share. This Prime Day, those who act fast will find incredible limited-time deals on must-have items which could include anything from the latest electronics and trending kitchen gadgets to exclusive collectables (often with a great discount).
- Amazon Hub: Free for Prime members, customers also have the alternative, convenient option to pick up and return their Amazon packages through Amazon Hub a contactless, click and collect service.
- Rewards for Prime members on Amazon Platinum and Classic Mastercards: From 1st October to 25th October, when eligible Prime members apply and are approved for either the Amazon Platinum Mastercard or Amazon Classic Mastercard, a £30 Amazon Gift Card will automatically be added to their Amazon.co.uk gift card balance.
Not a Prime member yet? Anyone can join Prime or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.co.uk/primeday to participate in Prime Day.