Amazon Business is proud to serve millions of business customers and hundreds of thousands of business sellers around the world with more than $10bn in annualised sales. Smaller, third-party sellers account for over half of these orders. In the UK alone:
- Amazon Business serves over 50% of FTSE 100 companies, helping these organisations save time and money whilst improving the transparency of their procurement operations. According to Dietmar Harteveld, Head of Siemens GS Supply Chain Management, EMEA. “Amazon Business helps me achieve both of these for Siemens, allowing our users to better manage tail spend by gaining access to new and existing suppliers through an easy-to-use interface.”
- UK-based small and medium sized businesses from across all industries are purchasing products with Amazon Business.
- 16 of the 20 largest universities in the UK are also working with Amazon Business to save time and money.
Amazon Business is an online marketplace which combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, but with unique features and benefits tailored to the needs of businesses of every size. It provides access to more than 250m products and hundreds of thousands of sellers from around the world.
Some of the factors that have contributed to our success include:
Customer base: Amazon Business customers range from sole proprietors to large enterprise with tens of thousands of employees on a single account.
International Expansion: Amazon Business is now live in eight countries - the United Kingdom, United States, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Japan and India. Since launch, Amazon Business has shipped to business customers in more than 70 countries around the world.
Selection: Amazon Business provides easy access to more than 250 million products that any business can use – everything, from laptops, and office supplies, to industrial safety and janitorial supplies
Innovation: Amazon Business is constantly innovating on behalf of its customers. Since launching in the UK in 2017 we have announced several new features, including:
- Pay by Invoice: Pay on net 30 day terms.
- Quantity Discounts: Business customers now request quantity discounts from business sellers when purchasing larger quantities of eligible products.
- Replenishment lists: re-order past purchases and regularly ordered supplies hassle free with Quick re-order and Re-order lists.
Growth of Third Party Sellers: Third party sellers make up more than 50% of the $10bn in global sales, growing their sales by reaching new business customers and accessing tailored features such as the VAT Calculation Service, which automatically creates VAT invoices on behalf of sellers for Amazon orders placed and displays VAT-exclusive prices on their products to business customers. Business customers can discover suppliers that they couldn’t find before.
Looking ahead, we’re continuing to listen to customers and business sellers - and remain focused on innovating on their behalf to deliver the features they need to be successful. It is still day one for us, and we’re excited about what’s to come.